This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebase by setup
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:13:27 -0600
- Subject: Re: rebase by setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210B02A54 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov>
On Oct 14, 2015, at 3:57 PM, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] <BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov> wrote:
> Running setup in unattended mode runs rebase even if nothing is
> installed. Is this intended/necessary?
I would expect it to re-run *everything* not marked .done in /etc/postinstall, and the autorebase script is never so marked.
The autorebase mechanism has a âfastâ mode, which should be running, as opposed to the âfullâ mode, which is slower. Verify that by the existence of /var/cache/rebase/fullrebase.done.
(Yeah, thatâs right, watch me flex my new autorebase muscles. Beware the Dunning-Kruger effect!)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple