This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to correctly rebase?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:14:49 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: How to correctly rebase?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22046 dot 25592 dot 311399 dot 765933 at woitok dot gmail dot com> <8925F252-F479-4990-B568-1EC612DF39A5 at etr-usa dot com> <87si5dqmh9 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <9275354A-6BFA-4964-BA05-008441168922 at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young <warren <at> etr-usa.com> writes:
> $ getfacl /var/log/setup.log
> # file: /var/log/setup.log
> # owner: Warren
> # group: Warren
> So, why is setup.exe not writing to it? 604 is a weird permission set,
but does it really need world writability?
> I get the same permission set when saying âtouch xâ on this box.
> Windows 10, 64-bit.
You seem to be using a Microsoft Account rather than a local one. That has
the wierd effect that the SID for the user and the group becomes identical.
Corinna already added a few workarounds here and there for this, but it may
not be complete and setup may also need to do something extra in this case.
I've never used a Microsoft Account, so I can't help any further with this.