This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe version 2.872 (32 bit) breaks vim on winxp
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:41:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup.exe version 2.872 (32 bit) breaks vim on winxp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot NEB dot 4 dot 64 dot 1510151656520 dot 21986 at iceland dot freeshell dot org>
On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 17:04 -0600, omilu@SDF.ORG wrote:
> Vim won't start after perfomring an update with the latest setup.exe. I do
> echo $? and it shows it exited with 127.
For future reference: https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> This person
> https://superuser.com/questions/859379/exit-code-127-in-cygwin64 reported
> he was able to fix the issue by installing clear.exe via the ncurses
> library. I checked and indeed I am missing clear.exe, I then installed it
> by installing ncurses, I now have clear.exe, but vim still refuses to
> start and still gives code 127.
Don't rely on Cygwin advice on third-party sites; much of it is bogus.
> I do strace vim and get a window popup vim.exe Entry Point not Found: The
> procedure entry point sigalstack could not be located in the dll
This indicates that your cygwin1.dll is out of date (current: 2.2.1-1).
Stop all Cygwin processes, including services, then run Cygwin Setup
again and allow it to upgrade all packages. If the 'cygwin' package is
not listed for upgrade, choose to reinstall it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple