This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to correctly rebase?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:18:11 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: How to correctly rebase?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22046 dot 25592 dot 311399 dot 765933 at woitok dot gmail dot com> <8925F252-F479-4990-B568-1EC612DF39A5 at etr-usa dot com> <22047 dot 42793 dot 36600 dot 773496 at woitok dot gmail dot com> <41C9E795-AEEC-4378-8548-44DAF7DB98E7 at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young <wyml <at> etr-usa.com> writes:
> It would be nice if rebase were smart enough to look for *.mex and *.oct
only in known Octave directories, but
> it isnât my itch, so Iâm not going to be doing anything about it.
I'll see if that's possible without running yet another find or at least
not running them more than once on the same directory.
> > The following DLLs couldn't be rebased due to errors:
> > /usr/bin/cygintl-8.dll
> > /usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll
> I got similar errors in my testing, though with different libraries. I
reinstalled those library packages
> and the errors went away.
The most likely source of those errors is that some Cygwin process still
hangs around in the background. Next up is that the files are inaccessible,
which can be fixed by reinstalling. Last but not least if BLODA opens the
DLL while rebase is trying to work on it, then rebase will fail as well (if
it's always different DLL that throw the error then that's the most likely