This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:41:35 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1464BBFA-EFCA-4588-A284-68DB5418F4D2 at cappella dot us>
On Oct 16, 2015, at 2:29 PM, Mike Cappella wrote:
>> On Oct 16, 2015, at 12:18 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 19:33 +0300, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>>> Is there a possibility to build man for Cygwin with PerlRE support?
>>> Presumably that would come via PCRE, which man-db does not currently
>>> support. Perhaps PTC upstream.
>> If there were such a mode, would it be allowed to enable it, since that would effectively put libpcre into Base?
> Maybe someone can rebuild less(1) to build with PCRE, and then you can set MANPAGER=less.
I donât think Andrey means PCRE when searching the man page he is reading right now. I think he means he wants PCRE support in âman --regex whatsitâ.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple