This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:29:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoLpU-VJqaNv5VQo0sYfDkVLfK5wDw+Usvg29QsAS6M7BwitQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8737xawn6j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 10/16/2015 4:52 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Robert Pace writes:
I downloaded the very latest setup-x86_64.exe and setup-x86.exe from
www.cygwin.com yesterday (version 2.872). I started trying to install
the 64bit version of cygwin and selected "download only". I chose a
mirror from the list, and the download concluded fine. I then re-ran
the setup application and chose "install from local directory" and
selected the folder which held the downloaded files. The setup
application then halts installation due to a missing setup.ini.sig.
Could you check if the setup.ini.sig file is just not stored to disk and
that setup would commence installing if you downloaded it manually and
put alongside the setup.ini file?
Is there a new requirement that a local repository has to have a
signature file? And does it have to be setup.ini.sig (rather than, for
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple