This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 03:26:33 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1464BBFA-EFCA-4588-A284-68DB5418F4D2 at cappella dot us> <B909A7B2-5AAB-44DF-A862-3D1B4DC0CDB7 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Warren Young!
>>>>> Is there a possibility to build man for Cygwin with PerlRE support?
>>>> Presumably that would come via PCRE, which man-db does not currently
>>>> support. Perhaps PTC upstream.
>>> If there were such a mode, would it be allowed to enable it, since that would effectively put libpcre into Base?
>> Maybe someone can rebuild less(1) to build with PCRE, and then you can set MANPAGER=less.
> I donât think Andrey means PCRE when searching the man page he is reading
> right now.
But I did mean exactly that.
Sorry, probably I should have been clearer. And, well, think my question more
It seems like Mike's right, and the actual culprit is "less", rather than man.
With best regards,
Saturday, October 17, 2015 03:24:49
Sorry for my terrible english...