This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:16:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f5bmvvz7uj6 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <vfi51bd9ggusbcfumb7ohb6epam35jlgkl at 4ax dot com> <f5bvbalx8s3 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <f5bbnccw34o dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <0opa1btu0oec4eilseq1q38cra5clnh12r at 4ax dot com> <f5boag8hqse dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk>
> This is at least _suggestive_ that your compilation environment and mine
> are in some way different.
> #define TERMINFO 1
> occur in your build/config.h ?
Henry, thanks for working to track this down. I went back and looked and I did
find one problem: because of an error in the cygport file, a patch that Shaddy
Baddah developed to fix a scrolling screen corruption bug
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00331.html) wasn't being applied. The
effect of the patch is to use terminfo, instead of termcap. This certainly
seems as though it might also fix the scrolling problem.
So I just uploaded a new test release, 4.3.1-2, that includes the patch. With
the patch applied, yes I do have
#define TERMINFO 1
However in my testing the scrollbar is still missing. Please test the new
release yourself, and let me know what you find.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple