This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:29:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoLpU-VJqaNv5VQo0sYfDkVLfK5wDw+Usvg29QsAS6M7BwitQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8737xawn6j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56216C25 dot 6090104 at cornell dot edu> <878u72eyy2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56223B5E dot 50309 at cornell dot edu> <562258EA dot 8080505 at cornell dot edu> <87zizhe86j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 10/17/2015 1:06 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
I maintain my own small repository at a remote site and mirror it on my local
machine. It contains, for each architecture, setup.ini, setup.xz, and
setup.xz.sig. Installation from the remote site works fine. If I try to
install from my local mirror, setup complains that it can't find setup.ini.sig.
I can install from the local mirror only if I add setup.ini.sig.
I install also from a local mirror, not signed ini files (yet) and I
haven't had any problems. I happen to have installed a new machine just
this week so I know this also works OK. If there is a setup.xz,
setup.ini shouldn't even be looked at and consequently no setup.ini.xz
file should be required.
And even then, setup doesn't seem to work right on the local mirror.
The only choices it gives me on the local packages are "Keep" and
That would indicate it hasn't actually found any packages in whatever it
used as setup.ini. What's your directory layout? I can't make any
sense of what's happening for you. Your local mirror should look like:
and setup should be pointed at "mirror".
OK, doing it that way works. But if I add setup.ini alongside setup.xz and
setup.xz.sig, then setup complains about not finding setup.ini.sig.
Also, having to point setup at "mirror" is a major change from the way local
installs used to work. I have the following structure:
and I have always pointed setup at "download directory" for a local install. In
the past, this would then pick up the packages from all the http directories as
well as from "mirror". Was it a deliberate change that this no longer works?
This change is probably what's behind the problem the others in this thread have
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple