This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 21:09:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoLpU-VJqaNv5VQo0sYfDkVLfK5wDw+Usvg29QsAS6M7BwitQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8737xawn6j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56216C25 dot 6090104 at cornell dot edu> <878u72eyy2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56223B5E dot 50309 at cornell dot edu> <562258EA dot 8080505 at cornell dot edu> <87zizhe86j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <562293A3 dot 5040503 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown writes:
> OK, doing it that way works. But if I add setup.ini alongside
> setup.xz and setup.xz.sig, then setup complains about not finding
It shouldn't, at least not without complaining about a missing
setup.xz.sig first. Does it make a difference if you use the "-m"
> Also, having to point setup at "mirror" is a major change from the way
> local installs used to work. I have the following structure:
> download directory
> and I have always pointed setup at "download directory" for a local
> install. In the past, this would then pick up the packages from all
> the http directories as well as from "mirror". Was it a deliberate
> change that this no longer works? This change is probably what's
> behind the problem the others in this thread have reported.
No, that is explicitly supported (multiple mirrors), setup iterates
through the mirror list (first level of your download directory) in this
case. I've just tested again that this works for me, with my local
Cygwin+Cygport mirror. They work as expected with (adding the
ports.pgp) and without (using the "-X" switch).
All your subdirectories should have the structure discussed previously.
Please pay attention as to what files setup actually complains about
(for instance if it cannot read or decompress setup.bz or doesn't find
the signature file in one mirror, it will try to use setup.ini as
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple