This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git -- error: cannot fork() for fetch-pack: Resource temporarily unavailable
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 21:33:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: git -- error: cannot fork() for fetch-pack: Resource temporarily unavailable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4NoEN0YOK1WDHxOWpmgH_SS=28jW3WzqQzgfW7K0f-Rrw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/17/2015 8:32 PM, kuaf wrote:
The Cygwin was running on Windows 10 box based on the latest [setup-x86.exe].
The unexpected error prompted when I `git clone` any repository,
0 [main] git-remote-https 24312 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygcurl-4.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x580000) != child(0xCC0000)
error: cannot fork() for fetch-pack: Resource temporarily unavailable
You need to do a full rebase (and possibly reboot) to fix this. If you're not
sure how to do a full rebase, see the following recent thread:
With the `cygcheck git`, it showed a few api-ms-win-* missed, e.g.
cygcheck: track_down: could not find api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll
These error messages are bogus. They won't occur with the cygcheck in the next
Cygwin release (or the current test release).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple