This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with system command in Octave 4.0.0 GUI
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:37:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: Issue with system command in Octave 4.0.0 GUI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <305009783 dot 9545 dot 1445281910923 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <305009783 dot 9545 dot 1445281910923 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On 19/10/2015 21:11, James R. Phillips wrote:
The new Octave 4.0.0 GUI is very impressive. I did discover an issue, though.
Using the system command with 'bash" as an argument, i.e,
should yield a bash command prompt in the command window. However, this causes the command line interface to hang.
This works in the command-line version..
The system command with other legal bash commands (e.g. 'ls') seems to work fine in the GUI.
I am running 64-bit Cygwin. Output of cygcheck attached.
James R. Phillips
yes, your old package is grown up a bit.
About your question, I am not so sure that it is expected to work.
The bash process is not run in a proper terminal so it has no access to
command inputs, while octave is waiting for its termination.
If you use system("xterm"), than bash works in a separate terminal
and octave does not hang.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple