This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with system command in Octave 4.0.0 GUI
- From: "James R. Phillips" <james_r_phillips at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:23:43 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Issue with system command in Octave 4.0.0 GUI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <382938529 dot 397061 dot 1445354623098 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: "James R. Phillips" <james_r_phillips at yahoo dot com>
It surprises me that the octave-gui command window is not considered a proper terminal, as it apparently has many terminal features.
I confirm that
I agree that the issue is not critical, because the Octave manual does not guarantee that
will provide a command prompt.
However I note that it does work in both Linux builds and the native Windows MXE builds (the MXE builds ship with what seems to be a complete version of MSYS2, including bash).
Thanks for your excellent work in maintaining this and several other cygwin packages.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple