This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Terminfo bug in screen-256color
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:02:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Terminfo bug in screen-256color
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150720T090930-457 at post dot gmane dot org> <1445361572 dot 12108 dot 40 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87wpuhnzgo dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87si55nz07 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 21:03 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> >> Can you confirm that this patch contains the necessary changes:
> >> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ncurses.git/tree/ncurses-kbs.patch
> > The solution I used was different IIRC, but I'll have to dig out the
> > details.
> I don't know much about these things, but it seems that the patch you're
> linking to deals with the interpretation of the backspace key in certain
You are correct, that patch is unrelated. However, it turns out that
ncurses-6.0 ships with new 'tmux' and 'tmux-256color' terminfos, which
appear to include the settings indicated in said FAQ. tmux should use
these instead of the screen terminfos.
I'm in the process of triple-checking that I have the correct options to
avoid ABI breakage in ncurses-6.0, at which point I'll upload and you
can use these instead.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple