This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:26:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2x6-L_pqdN6PHE0c15hcmrmB66Z75Hz95cH+dbcn4yXuVZNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <712A87EA-64C7-4033-BE7F-39C8C8D527EB at etr-usa dot com> <20151021100328 dot GL5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CB8461F5-FB0E-44D8-81BB-B52DD02AD400 at etr-usa dot com> <20151021162254 dot GC19868 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Oct 21, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Oct 21 09:52, Warren Young wrote:
>> I mean, I know how to snag a stream of SMB packets with Wireshark, but
>> I donât know what Iâd be looking for in the dump.
> Me neither, the Samba guys might be able to help there, perhaps.
Apple hasnât shipped Samba as part of OS X since 10.6, quite a few years ago now. In 10.7, they switched to an internally-developed SMB server.
> Or, does wireshark know how SMB packages look like OTW?
The build of Wireshark on the machine Iâm using right now has about 1,700 protocol dissectors, which covers pretty much every protocol youâve ever heard of, and hundreds you havenât.
The trick is, dissecting the packets is only useful if the protocol is human readable (SMB isnât) or you know the protocol (I donât) or youâre lucky and happen to see something you can make sense of. I was hoping not to have to rely on blind luck.
> HANDLE handle = CreateFile ("P:\\", ...);
I guess Iâm not seeing what values to pass to CreateFile() because I get an error with the values Iâm trying here. Iâve put my fleshed-out test program here:
Its complaint is:
Bad handle: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
I double-checked, and P: is still mapped.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple