This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: loading VT100 Font in stand alone program
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:30:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: loading VT100 Font in stand alone program
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <11957acee62d3639cf7d9044765d25bf dot squirrel at faumail dot uni-erlangen dot de>
On 10/22/2015 12:20 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I do have the links in /etc/X11/fontpath.d
xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20 -> /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi
and they work fine within cygwin.
I tried to create corresponding links within windows by
mklink "xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20" ..\..\..\usr\share\X11\fonts\75dpi
but I the a message the the file name syntax is illeagal.
A quick search told me that a colon is a really forbidden file name component in
WINDOWS and the mask with " " did not help.
Right. But Cygwin does allow colons in file names, in such a way that Windows
doesn't see them as colons. See
So why are there colon in the name of the symbolic link, which program reads these links
The X server reads them. See the fontpath.d section of the Xserver man page:
and is there a way for me to change my system to use a different link name ?
I don't know.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple