This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:25:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <562992E9 dot 5020904 at ix dot netcom dot com>
On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 18:52 -0700, Thomas Dineen wrote:
> When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.
> Please note that the download and SHA checksum
> check seem to complete successfully.
> Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
> with the current updates installed.
> Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
> the install manually?
I was unable to reproduce this. Is there sufficient disk space on the
drive on which you are installing Cygwin?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple