This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: git gui: assertion "font != NULL" failed
- From: "Matt Seitz (matseitz)" <matseitz at cisco dot com>
- To: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "adam at dinwoodie dot org" <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:59:17 +0000
- Subject: RE: git gui: assertion "font != NULL" failed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5625041F dot 6020702 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
> From: Jon Turney [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 7:54
> The dependency chain is git-gui -> gitk -> font-adobe-dpi75
> It doesn't look like the fonts in xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 are available to fontconfig, so I've changed the dependency of gitk to dejavu-fonts on sourceware.
Thanks. I ran setup and installed "dejavu-fonts". Now "git gui" is able to run without errors.