This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe a mystery -SOLVED
- From: Tom Axehult <tom dot axehult at glocalnet dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: kbrown at cornell dot edu
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:59:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup.exe a mystery -SOLVED
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5628BA5E dot 1020404 at glocalnet dot net> <5628D881 dot 3030307 at cornell dot edu>
Following your suggestion solved my problems
On 22.10.2015 14:37, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/22/2015 6:28 AM, Tom Axehult wrote:
I lost bash weeks ago and hence cygwin which I used to start from
administrator, by the well known
bash --login -i
For reasons beyond me, I can run Xemacs and reach bash functionality
(Tools/shell command) and thus produce cygcheck.
Using setup for updating Cygwin a warning is issued:
update-info-dir.sh exit code -6
Package: _/Unknown package
cygutils.sh exit code -6
dejavu-fonts.sh exit code -6
Without bash, the postinstall scripts can't run.
In the attached cygcheck the setup failure turns up as 'incomplete'
I suggest that you start by running setup and reinstalling all the
packages that show as incomplete. Be sure to use the latest setup; a
new version was just made available a few days ago.
Thank you so much, Ken
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple