This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Thomas Dineen <tdineen at ix dot netcom dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 03:31:02 +0300
- Subject: Re: Install Bug on Windows XP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <562992E9 dot 5020904 at ix dot netcom dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Thomas Dineen!
> Gentle People:
> When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.
> Please note that the download and SHA checksum
> check seem to complete successfully.
> Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
> with the current updates installed.
> Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
> the install manually?
It would be more worthwhile to create a new install in a separate directory,
and start small.
Only install base set of packages.
Then gradually add tools you need.
I don't know, why you are installing -debuginfo packages, but it is IMO
unlikely to cause issues by itself.
Sounds more like environmental issue, or issue triggered immediately following
the installation of the mentioned package.
With best regards,
Saturday, October 24, 2015 03:28:32
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple