This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why package cache is not used during setup download?
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:27:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: Why package cache is not used during setup download?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF8BazAy7x2Nxeb6P=ns7=Dy5ENzd=Cg0oKxJjDtBg0JzGjM-g at mail dot gmail dot com> <133366775 dot 20151025170018 at yandex dot ru> <CAF8BazBBFrCdPLJMw2ZiuSx_syLLqq7MMwWrsCM+CqE8Y9e4Tw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 25/10/15 18:47, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
Hmmm, on setup.ini doc says:
install: filename size-in-bytes MD5 sum
... The optional MD5 sum is 32 characters from the set 0-9a-f (case
But, I see too many characters in my setup.ini:
MD5 is broken, and so Cygwin's setup.ini now uses SHA512 . If you
have an old setup executable, it won't understand the new checksums; try
downloading a new setup executable from the Cygwin homepage .
Hope this helps,
 - https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-02/msg00013.html
 - https://cygwin.com/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple