This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
initial cygwin installation
- From: t s <furriner67 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:11:35 +0000
- Subject: initial cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.com;
- References: <CY1PR20MB0332B229B9C126782AB0F6EECD240 at CY1PR20MB0332 dot namprd20 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
I am making a fresh install of Cygwin on a Windows 7 machine.
The installation is to a 256 GB memory stick. Should I format the memory stick as NTFS? What allocation unit size should I specify when formatting?
I have got as far as the following screenshot;
Should I leave the settings as they are on that screen, specifically leave everything as 'default' ? There's no point installing everything, and the following page;
Q: How do I install everything?
A: You do not want to do this! This will install an enormous amount of packages that you will never use, including debuginfo and source for every package.
Clicking on the "Default" label next to the "All" category to change it to "Install" will mark every Cygwin package for installation. Be advised that this will download and install tens of gigabytes to your computer.
Is it okay to click 'next' on the screen at; http://cpm86.com/sdcard-new-1.jpg
Thanks for advice.