This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: initial cygwin installation
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 00:11:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: initial cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D91D46EA-68F6-4F59-A239-2E1DE17AD222 at etr-usa dot com> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E93E7A0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <6C4CE5F3-4754-4BBD-BCF2-E45EB42D70A1 at etr-usa dot com>
On Oct 28, 2015, at 12:05 AM, Warren Young <email@example.com> wrote:
> You just asked setup.exe to install a whole bunch of software you do not actually need, so when it starts asking you questions about what you want done with this software, you are lost, because you donât even know what the software *is*, much less how to use it.
> So donât do that. :)
Oh, and not that it really matters, but the message box you got is because by installing everything, you included the avahi package, and setuo.exe is telling you that unless you do not also have a third-party Apple package installed (Bonjour) it isnât going to do anything useful.
But you donât actually *want* Avahi, so its error message is confusing and annoying, because you arenât going to actually do anything about it.
This is why you donât go telling Cygwin to install *everything*. You donât want everything.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple