This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: initial cygwin installation
- From: t s <furriner67 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:41:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: initial cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.com;
- References: <1133186685 dot 20151028160349 at yandex dot ru>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
> What allocation unit size should I specify when formatting?
"Standard 4k or 8k if you don't expect to create tons of small files should work."
surely cygwin *does* create lots of small files on install? is NTFS with 4k okay, or should I make it less?
Is it okay to click 'next' on the screen at; http://cpm86.com/sdcard-new-1.jpg
this would choose 'default' packages
on the top right hand side, from "keep / curr / exp" I should choose "curr" ?
thanks for your advice
From: Andrey Repin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:03 AM
To: Csaba Raduly; email@example.com
Subject: Re: initial cygwin installation
Greetings, Csaba Raduly!
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Warren Young wrote:
>> This is why you don’t go telling Cygwin to install *everything*. You don’t want everything.
> You can't have everything. Where would you put it? :)
That's easy - I'd put it everywhere.
With best regards,
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 16:03:37
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple