This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: pthread_kill: signals remain pending after target thread exits
- From: John Carey <aeolus at electric-cloud dot com>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:16:50 +0000
- Subject: RE: pthread_kill: signals remain pending after target thread exits
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <28F5B565B6F6424C87E4AC0DCC84316575D71070 at S1P5DAG5C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <20151021114810 dot GQ5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <28F5B565B6F6424C87E4AC0DCC84316575D73A86 at S1P5DAG5C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <20151023125540 dot GI5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <28F5B565B6F6424C87E4AC0DCC84316575D8071E at S1P5DAG5C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <20151028091459 dot GZ5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>,<20151029080218 dot GF5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> From: Corinna Vinschen [email@example.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:02 AM
> On Oct 28 10:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Thanks; that was fast! I tried replacing cygwin1.dll with cygwin1-20151023.dll .
> > >
> > > The original test case now works. I checked some of my other tests,
> > > and unfortunately some of them failed, so I extracted out a new test
> > > case, which is attached. My guess is that something is subtly different
> > > about the timing on this test.
> > Is this a regression? Did it work with 2.2.1?
> Answering myself here, this didn't work at all in 2.2.1. I can
> reproduce the problem and I'm going to take a look. Not sure if
> there's a quick solution, though. This looks like a deadlock
> situation. The signal definitely got send, I just don't see yet
> why it's not handled in wait_sig.
Yes, test_pending_signal2.c fails in 2.2.1, though the symptoms
differ: there is no Cygwin process left hanging that cannot be
killed by a Cygwin signal.
But both tests appear to pass in Cygwin 1.7.9, so in that sense
it is a regression, just not a recent one.
-- John Carey
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple