This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Segmentation fault before main
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 20:45:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Segmentation fault before main
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56338BCC dot 40709 at gmail dot com> <20151030191826 dot GQ5319 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 30/10/2015 20:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 30 16:25, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Any help will be really appreciated.
Well, it's a stack probe. It's typically called when trying to allocate
big datastructures on the stack, e.g. with alloca. Did you try to raise
the default stacksize in the executable header (see peflags -x and -X
options). There's not much else to work with...
I increased it to 20M and was still failing; after I gave up.
Upstream mentioned a change to be implemented on the matter.
May be I was not the only one reporting it
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple