This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xfig-3.2.5c-2.x86_64 crashes on save as or export on windows 10
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Hans-Georg Scherneck <hgs at chalmers dot se>
- Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:47:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: xfig-3.2.5c-2.x86_64 crashes on save as or export on windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56326F58 dot 4090105 at chalmers dot se>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 29/10/2015 19:11, Hans-Georg Scherneck wrote:
it crashes on x_86 (i.e. 32 bit version) too, even after re-installing
the xorg-server packages.
xfig won't show the export window before it crashes. What else can I do?
Any step-by-step procedure with xorg-server renewal?
Is there an issue with Athena widgets?
I'd suggest, as an alternative workaround, with the current server:
ln -s /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi
This was enough for me to get xfig to not crash when showing it's file
It seems that xfig requires the font '*-times-medium-r-normal--16-*' for
that dialog, but that is not one of the sizes provided by
xorg/font/adobe-*dpi (14 and 17 are the nearest), so we have to allow
this font to be scaled (or provide a scalable font which also matches
One could wish for xfig to provide a clearer indication of the problem
rather that just segfaulting.
(I note that xfig's file open dialog seems to hang if we navigate to the
root directory, but I guess that is a separate issue)
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple