Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.4

Greetings, Kacper Michajlow!

>> I released a new TEST version of Cygwin, 2.4.0-0.4.
>>

> With this version I get permissions denied when trying to chmod a
> folder created in a created folder...

> Basically this doesn't work for me:
> mkdir test
> mkdir test/test
> chmod 755 test/test

> Additional top level directory after creating have drwx---r-x, and
> even after chmod 777, it still have only drwx---rwx. Notice no group
> permissions? I might be missing something here, but doesn't look
> right, does it?

We need more data points to analyze the issue.
Where this directory located? Inside Cygwin root or outside it?
What are the full (getfacl/icacls) permissions on the current directory?
What are full resulting permissions on the created directories?
What kind of the account you are using? Local account or (God forbid!)
Microsoft account?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin