Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.8

On Dec  7 10:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec  6 21:21, Kacper Michajlow wrote:
> > > Hi Cygwin friends and users,
> > >

> > > I released a new TEST version of Cygwin, 2.4.0-0.8.
> > > [...]
> > Since 2015-12-03 snapshot I got only black screen when running this batch script
> > @echo off
> > C:
> > chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> > zsh -l -i
> >
> > Basically it deadlocks while processing .zshrc. I was debugging this
> > and it locks when loading "oh my zsh".
> >
> > Long story short is seems to hang here
> > https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/blob/master/lib/git.zsh#L177
> > at least for the first time, because if I remove this line it hangs
> > somewhere else. It basically hangs if in git_compare_version() is any
> > kind of external command which cause fork.
> >
> > It works fine when running from mintty.
>
> Confirmed.  I have two different ways to fix this, but I'm not sure yet
> which one is better.  I'll test them a bit and probably check one of
> them in later today.

I just uploaded a new developer snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
and I just announced a new test release 2.4.0-0.9,
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-12/msg00007.html, both of
which come with a patch which should fix this issue.  It did for me, at
least :}

Please give any of them a try.

Thanks,
Corinna