Re: FindFirstFile fails for some network directories

On Dec  9 11:43, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Working capture: https://gist.github.com/orgads/d2681881668afb9cb08f
> > > Failing capture: https://gist.github.com/orgads/4f0ea2b26cfd64f4353d
> >
> > I just found another SMB1 linux server, which does work[1].
> >
> > It first has a "NT Create AndX" request for path \, which succeeds.
> > Then it issues Trans2 FIND_FIRST2 request for the real path (\a).
> >
> > This issue might be related to the Archive bit which is set on aclnas01.
> >
> > - Orgad
> >
> > [1] https://gist.github.com/orgads/e76a00c2cc0fc8a43d95
>
> Hi,
>
> After investigation, I found that the root cause for this problem is
> set_cygwin_privileges, which sets SE_RESTORE_PRIVILEGE and
> SE_BACKUP_PRIVILEGE for the process during initialization.
>
> Commenting out these 2 lines solves the problem for me.
>
> Can you tell why are they needed at all? There is a comment there:
>
>     Allow to access all files, independent of their ACL settings.
>
> What does it mean?

These are the user privileges required to allow an admin user accessing
files which don't give him permissions to do so, just like a POSIX root
user.  The usual behaviour of a filesystem should be to refuse the
setting without to fail.

Corinna

Red Hat