Re: emacs

On 06/01/2016 17:41, Frank Esposito wrote:
Hello --

Thanks for the info on the strace command

what I found is that at first, emacs was trying to load

cyghogweed-2.dll

it belongs to libhogweed2-2.7-2

but what was in the bin directory was

cyghogweed-2-2.dll

this is not part of standard cygwin
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cyghogweed-2-2.dll&arch=x86

have you mixed up an upgrade with cygport ?

I tried to rename this, but that did not work, so I copied
cyghogweed-2.dll from another install of cygwin

then it stoped again looking for

cygnettle-4.dll

libnettle4-2.7-2

but

cygnettle-4-4.dll

as before
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cygnettle-4-4.dll&arch=x86_64

was in the bin directory -- I just copied
cygnettle-4.dll to the bin directory and  now emacs stated --

what would be the best way fix this? are these dll's part of the emacs package?

thanks

fpe

Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.