Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.1

Hi Ken,

On Jan 24 14:21, Ken Brown wrote:
> >Hi Cygwin friends and users,
> >

> >I released a new Cygwin TEST version 2.5.0-0.1.
> >
> >This release introduces a major change addressing developers only, so
> >as a user you can skip this test release.
> >
> >tl;dr: Cygwin 2.5.0 switches Cygwin from the Solaris ACL API to the
> >        POSIX.1e ACL API.
> > [...]
> >Please give this new POSIX.1e ACL implementation a test.  If you have
> >a project or maintain a package utilizing ACLs, please make sure that
> >your project picks up the new POSIX.1e API and that it works as desired.
> >
> >Projects like emacs, vim, coreutils come to mind...
>
> Hi Corinna,
>
> emacs builds and passes its test suite.  Here are the configure results
> related to ACLs:
>
> TESTS FOR FUNCTIONS
> ===================
> Yes:
>
> acl_delete_def_file
> acl_entries
> acl_extended_file
> acl_free
> acl_from_mode
> acl_from_text
> acl_get_fd
> acl_get_file
> acl_set_fd
> acl_set_file
>
> No:
>
> acl_copy_ext_native
> acl_create_entry_np
> acl_delete_fd_np
> acl_delete_file_np
> acl_free_text
> acl_to_short_text
>
> TESTS FOR HEADERS
> =================
> Yes:
>
> <acl/libacl.h>
> <sys/acl.h>
>
> OTHER TESTS
> ===========
> constant ACL_FIRST_ENTRY -- Yes
> type ACL_TYPE_EXTENDED -- No
>
> If any of these results are unexpected, let me know, and I'll provide the
> configure tests.

The above looks right.  The second set of functions is only available
on FreeBSD and/or OS X, not in libacl, so that's fine.  Same goes for
ACL_TYPE_EXTENDED.

> I'll start working with the new build to see if anything unexpected happens.
> Is there anything in particular that I should check?

Does it fail to create ACLs?  Do the created ACLs make sense?  If you
have a file created with Cygwin >= 2.4.0 and change the file content
with Emacs, does the ACL change or stay the same?  Stuff like that.

No reason to check the Windows ACL with icacls btw., simple checks with
getfacl/setfacl will do.

Thanks a lot for testing!
Corinna

Red Hat