Re: Issues with ACL settings after updating to the latest cygwin.dll

On Jan 29 17:52, K Stahl wrote:
> I've discovered that when I use cvs to pull a module, the security
> settings on the created files and directories are incorrect.  When I
> view the security settings of the files, I noticed an invalid "NULL
> SID" group permission was added.  If I delete this value, I can
> properly execute the file, but if I leave it there, the file I'm
> trying to execute will not run.

I'm not quite sure what you observe there.  The NULL SID ACE only
contains extra information about some POSIX bits and the MASK value.
It's existence and setting should not influence what you can do with the
file.  The permission bits are explicitely set elsewhere in the ACL.

Can you reproduce the issue so that I can see what's going on?  I need
the icacls output for the file and its parent directory, as well as the
output from getfacl for both.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat