Re: core dump on rebaseall

On 02/24/2016 08:15 PM, "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:

   > Did you stop your services before upgrading/rebasing?  Do you have
   > any Cygwin executables or DLLs that aren't part of the distribution?

I did stop all services -- rebaseall actually would complain if i
don't.  The only other non-distro cygwin exec/dll which comes in mind
is that i recompiled unison. However, it was not running at the time.
In fact, one of the tests was a rebaseall while in (non-network) safe
mode, so i'd be rather surprised if any other app or service was
running.

However, above triggered a though: i've previously looked into
rebaseall and tried to briefly isolate the problem by pruning
rebase.lst which created to be fed to rebase. Unfortunately, just
removing lines from the back caused for a while still the core dump
and then eventually complained that some files could not be fixed.
Looking at it again it seems the files which are causing the trouble
are following ocaml files!

< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllbigarray.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllcamlstr.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllgraphics.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllnums.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllthreads.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
< /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllvmthreads.so

with them included, running

rebase   -n -s -8 -b 0x400000000 -o 0 -T /tmp/rebase.lst

coredumps. if i exclude them, then it works!

Looking at https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Focaml-base%2Focaml-base-4.02.3-2&grep=ocaml-base
the files, though seem to be offically part of ocaml-base and not
modified (Note also my re-install of cygwin was _after_ doing the
ocaml compilation, so this shouldn't have touched the files).  No
idea, though, how to proceed from here ...

-michael-