Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()

On 2016-03-10 09:29, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
On 2016-03-05 09:02, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
currently I have two applications  which I compiled myself under Cygwin:
GPSBabel and QMapShack.   Both use Qt5, both provide online help via the
browser,  and both fail doing so  in my environment.   The version of my
various Qt5 packages is 5.5.1-1.
[snip]
So I assume QDesktopServices::openUrl()  at least under Cygwin is having
a problem with  blanks in  path names  and maybe  also with  the missing
".exe" extension (see the "Launch failed" error message).

Searching for "QDesktopServices::openUrl spaces in PATH" (without the
quotes) turned up a lot of hits.

You are right,  but the ones I found  refer to blanks in the path of the
file TO BE OPENED.  My problem is blanks in the path of the program that
is used to open the file.   This program is picked  internally by QDesk-
topServices::openUrl() and is called internally,  and currently it seems
the path to it must not contain blanks.

Have you tried the same on Linux?

--
Yaakov