Re: SEMCTL fails with error 22

On 11/03/2016 11:52, Meenakshi Pant wrote:
For me the out put is when cygserver is up.

  Semaphore Test
  Semaphore created successfully  196608
  Value before errno = 0
  Cannot set semaphore value.errno = 22

When cygserver is down the output is

  Semaphore Test
  Unable to obtain semaphore 88

After bringing up cygserver the command 'cygcheck -c' shows the below output.

As mentioned
https://cygwin.com/problems.html
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed."

I have exactly the same results as Achim

./semtest.exe

 Semaphore Test
 Semaphore created successfully  65536
 Value before errno = 0Semaphore 1492 initialized.

On both 32 and 64 bit.
So it seems a specific issue on your system side.
What software are you running ?
Any potential Bloda ?

https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

Looks also on "detect_bloda" at