This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Package choosing algorithm ...
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:54:51 +0100
- Subject: Package choosing algorithm ...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
A year ago you changed the "package choosing algorithm" ...
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864) -- by Corinna
Here C. announces the modification of the "package choosing algorithm"
(and the introduction of the "mirror mode")
When I started setup (2.873) and selected "Download without Installing",
offered me to download version 2.5.0-0.8 of cygwin (installed:
However when I restarted setup and selected "Install from Local
it did NOT offer me to install version 2.5.0-0.8 ...
(Meaning, I had to restart setup AGAIN, and force it to install the last
version of cygwin - a bit annoying, as you wrote in )
Did your modification only apply to the "Download without Installing"
of setup? (i.e. downloading from internet)
(honestly, I do not remember whether or not setup acted consistently in
modes after your modification)
Did I miss something?
- Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed - by
Start of discussion ...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple