This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: build of coreutils fails with many many messages
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 21:27:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: build of coreutils fails with many many messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <59531E97-547C-48F8-9735-8F50C2741C87 at Denis-Excoffier dot org> <56FE558B dot 1030205 at cornell dot edu>
> On 2016-04-01 13:03, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 4/1/2016 2:18 AM, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>> I tried to build coreutils-8.25 with the latest cygwin (2.5.0-0.10 or 2.4.1-1)
>> and all the latest packages, and as 'configure' seems to pass ok, 'make'
>> fails with hundreds of lines of messages like below.
>> Please can someone reproduce this (Windows 7, 32bits)?
>> Denis Excoffier
>> In file included from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:112:0,
>> from /usr/include/signal.h:6,
>> from ./lib/signal.h:52,
>> from ./lib/sys/select.h:108,
>> from /usr/include/sys/time.h:47,
>> from ./lib/sys/time.h:39,
>> from ./lib/sys/select.h:87,
>> from /usr/include/sys/types.h:85,
>> from ./lib/sys/types.h:28,
>> from /usr/include/sys/unistd.h:12,
>> from /usr/include/unistd.h:4,
>> from ./lib/unistd.h:40,
>> from ./lib/stdlib.h:96,
>> from lib/malloca.h:23,
>> from lib/malloca.c:22:
>> /usr/include/cygwin/signal.h:178:3: error: unknown type name 'pthread_attr_t'
>> pthread_attr_t *sigev_notify_attributes; /* notification attributes */
> This looks like the gnulib issue that I reported in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2016-03/msg00054.html. Try applying the fix from that thread to the gnulib tree in the coreutils sources.
The patch indicated works perfectly. It also applies to wget-1.17.1. Thank you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple