This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to install a custom permanent postinstall handler?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 23:53:08 +0300
- Subject: How to install a custom permanent postinstall handler?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Couple of my scripts rely on ASH/DASH functionality that is not present in
BASH. (Namely "local -".)
To amend that, I make a symlink /bin/sh = /bin/dash .
But every time bash update, it overwrite the link.
So… How would I go about creating a handler that would restore the parity?
Will making a script /etc/postinstall be enough, or some additional magic is
With best regards,
Friday, April 1, 2016 23:48:54
Sorry for my terrible english...