This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
crash caused by stack-allocated array in child process after fork?
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 21:12:24 +0200
- Subject: crash caused by stack-allocated array in child process after fork?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Mintty has been struck by a mysterious crash condition which seems to be
related to a weird combination of circumstances, involving the creation
of an array on the stack, like
in a child process after a fork (as used for daemonizing).
Details are described in
note that the crash does not happen if the line quoted above is changed
to any non-stack array creation, like
wchar * msg = malloc...
static wchar msg
wchar msg[wlen]; // with int wlen = ..., in which case the array is
created on the heap
or even, more mysteriously
Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Could this be a gcc bug or
cygwin bug? Might it be related to
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple