This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
make command is throwing a "cygheap base mismatch detected" error.
- From: Rory Charles <rj_charles at hotmail dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 09:38:36 +0000
- Subject: make command is throwing a "cygheap base mismatch detected" error.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.co.uk;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
I'm using Docker for Windows alongside TortoiseGit and Git for Windows and I installed cygwin to get the make functionality.
It was working fine and then I updated TortoiseGit, Git for Windows and cygwin and now I am getting the below error.
3 [main] make (8180) C:\cygwin64\bin\make.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x18032B400/0x180324400.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
I have searched everywhere for a solution and tried everything I found, but I can't find anything that works for me.
My guess is that one of the updated applications managed to break this somehow, but I can't pinpoint.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple