Windows file share under Cygwin?

Hi, I have an issue with mounting Windows file share in Cygwin.

We have Windows file share which is using NFS to share content. I was
assigned to install Cygwin on it so some application can connect over SFTP
to that server.

Now they need to access the shared folder from that application and the
app would pull data from that folder.The thing is that the folder is
Windows shared folder (exmple; \\server\photos\). the current Windows
users need to be able to connect to that share (it is mapped to their M
drive) and the app need to connect to SFTP and pull the data from there.

My idea was to mount that NFS share in Cygwin and set it as /home
directory so when the app connects, it automatically goes there.

My questions are: is this possible, and does anyone know any better
solutions?

I am open for all suggestions.

Thank you.