Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mutt-1.6.0-1

On 06/04/2016 11:32, Ismail Donmez wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
A counter example:
http://chbrauner.blogspot.de/2014/02/mutt-compiled-against-ncurses-and.html

try and let me know

I am not using a mutt colorscheme but a mintty one which mutt fails to
render. I will, however, try the change but a quote from the page

"The solution is to replace a lot of the very specific color
specifications of the colorscheme by the value default. "

This proves the point that mutt is unable to use 256-color specifications.

Thanks,
Ismail

ncurse can handle 256 color.
I doubt that mutt is different from other programs.

which TERM variable are you using ?

 $ TERM="xterm"
 $ tput colors
8