This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Home directory has blank space, X resources not recognized
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:52:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: Home directory has blank space, X resources not recognized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j5x9XS9EHU0Ecg7upcr2vxRmGS7B8MgAjQNME1TE_wH9w at mail dot gmail dot com>
> So I have moved my Cygwin ~ (home) directory to that folder. I
> configured nsswitch.conf as follows:
> db_home: /cygdrive/c/Users/reisert/Box%_Sync/Home
> Most things are working. However, my Xterms are coming up in the
> default 80x24 format with black text on a white background. The Xwin
> server does not seem to recognize my ~/.xserverrc file which contains
I did not state this correctly. I should have written:
The Xwin server does not seem to recognize my ~/.Xresources file.
I can do this from an xterm:
Then my X resources will get loaded properly.
Jim Reisert AD1C, <email@example.com>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple