This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 2.5.0-0.12 questions, vim and nextafterl()
- From: Tim Prince <n8tm at aol dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:22:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin 2.5.0-0.12 questions, vim and nextafterl()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57054243 dot 8080002 at gmail dot com> <20160406173132 dot GA29221 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5706279C dot 3040302 at gmail dot com> <20160407123106 dot GA6529 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On 4/7/2016 8:31 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 7 05:25, Tim Prince wrote:
>> On 4/6/2016 1:31 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Apr 6 13:07, Tim Prince wrote:
>>>> 1) vim usually hangs if run under bash, but works fine under mintty
>>>> (same in previous snapshot)
>>> There's a patch in git master which seems to fix this problem. I'll
>>> release a 0.13 RSN.
>>>> 2) gcc testsuite cases which attempt to link nextafterl() have continued
>>>> failing as before.
>>> Did you update the cygwin-devel package as well? This:
>>> #include <math.h>
>>> main ()
>>> nextafterl (1.0L, 2.0L);
>>> works with cygwin-devel-2.5.0-0.12.
>> vim is working well now. Thanks.
> Good to know, thanks.
>> You were right about cygwin-devel, but it appears to require a full
>> rebuild of gcc, so that will be another 2 days to build and run test
>> suite. Wouldn't it be great if make check parallel could work on cygwin?
> I can't interpret the last sentence. `make -jX' works on Cygwin.
> Is that what you mean?
In my experience, running multiple threads in make check by make -j 2
results in the individual sessions make check-c, make check-c++ ...
crashing and restarting endlessly. Even when I run make -k check-c
,check-c++, check-fortran in separate bash windows, they usually die
before completion. I haven't tried for a while.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple