This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 2.5.0-0.12 questions, vim and nextafterl()
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 10:09:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin 2.5.0-0.12 questions, vim and nextafterl()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57054243 dot 8080002 at gmail dot com> <20160406173132 dot GA29221 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5706279C dot 3040302 at gmail dot com> <20160407123106 dot GA6529 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <57065F25 dot 7080407 at aol dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 4/7/2016 9:22 AM, Tim Prince wrote:
In my experience, running multiple threads in make check by make -j 2
results in the individual sessions make check-c, make check-c++ ...
crashing and restarting endlessly. Even when I run make -k check-c
,check-c++, check-fortran in separate bash windows, they usually die
before completion. I haven't tried for a while.
I suspect it strongly depends on the Makefile. However, especially
when running checks, there may be implicit (unthinking) assumptions
that only one test runs at a time. For example, if tests use the same
scratch directory, they're fine one at a time, but could easily get
into trouble with more than one at a time.
Regards -- EM
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple