This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin support for building for Win CE
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:17:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygwin support for building for Win CE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE7953 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 7 April 2016 at 07:12, Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis@xerox.com> wrote:
> Please let me know whether Cygwin offers any package support
> for building native Windows CE binaries, specifically 5.0.
> I tried i686-w64-mingw32-gcc, and it builds just fine for
> regular Windows, but such binaries do not run under CE.
> (I'm familiar with building for *nix; not so much Windows.)
I don't think so because Windows CE is a mixture of different
architectures (arm32, arm64, something intel like). The win ce item
will need to be compiled for that architecture or using .net universal
machine (sort of like java but .net)
> --Ken Nellis
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple