This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH access to desktop
- From: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 15:12:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: SSH access to desktop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Here's what worked for me:
Ran ssh-host-config as administrator and took defaults, except
priviledge separation => no
install as a service => no
Then, I chown'd /var/empty to Administrator and was able to run
"sshd -p 8100" and ssh into the box.
More importantly, other users were able to start their own sshds, on
different ports, and also ssh into the box.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple