This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 20:52:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001d1909e$da5b8b00$8f12a100$ at talktalk dot net> <72gcgbtd8mfco3n6neb2srnl9fv43s5et4 at 4ax dot com> <57077EB6 dot 1090306 at towo dot net>
Thomas Wolff writes:
> Like for grep which now barfs out when a character isnât recognized in
> the current encoding (and grep doesnât even provide an environment
> variable to override this mis-feature), these assumedly-modern
> upstream changes are a nuisance.
You are barking up the wrng tree, please take that upstream.
> For ls at least, it can be fixed with the environment variable
> QUOTING_STYLE but that isnât even mentioned in the manual page!%Ââ
> â Poor old Unix tradition fades away.
> What about adding
> export QUOTING_STYLE=literal
> to /etc/profile as a fix?
No, but you're free to do whatever you wish in /etc/profile.d (or lobby
the coreutils maintiner to provide it with the package, although I'd
suggest that it shouldn't get installed by default).
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple