This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Octave segmentation fault when plotting graph -- dri-drivers
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:52:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: Octave segmentation fault when plotting graph -- dri-drivers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7686-1460461987-751548 at sneakemail dot com> <570CE8E7 dot 4080706 at gmail dot com>
On 12/04/2016 14:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 12/04/2016 13:53, Stephen Wilkinson wrote:
Tatsuro: I tried to roll back to earlier version of Cygwin (all
packages) but that broke several other things.
Marco: I confirm that was broken for 32-bit. I've just installed
Cygwin 64-bit and Octave works as expected. I got crashes with fltk
and qt graphic toolkits, but I admit I didn't try gnuplot. All was
working fine until I updated -- I can't remember what version of
Octave I was running but 4.0.0 sounds about right.
I guess Tatsuro was thinking to revert only cygwin package to 2.4.1.
I just tried and it makes no difference.
the segfault seems in the X libraries
#1 0x43934357 in gallium_dri!__driDriverGetExtensions_swrast ()
Reverting dri-drivers to 11.0.9-1 seems to solve the issue.
can you give a check ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple